You have questions, we have answers. If you don’t see an answer to your questions here feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message in the contact section of our website.
1. Who puts on creek week?
Creek Week is a nation-wide movement put on by many municipalities. Guilford Creek Week was organized by a small council of representatives from stormwater and waste reduction from Greensboro, Guilford County, High Point, and the NC Extension office and was executed with the help of countless kind volunteers throughout those municipalities, private businesses and concerned citizens.
2. What events at Guilford Creek Week can I attend?
On the calendar of events, if it is listed as open to the public, you are free to go. If it is listed as a closed event or in support of Guilford Creek Week, then you must be involved with that organization or group prior to the event.
3. Can my kids come?
Most of the events are open to all ages. There are some where there might be an age restriction because of the possible conditions that present at stream cleanups. If you are unsure or the event us unclearly designated, please feel free to e-mail us at email@example.com
4. Can I help?
YES! We LOVE volunteers, sponsors, and concerned citizens. If you would like to contribute in any way please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. How can I help?
If you would like to be a part of Guilford Creek Week we would love to have you! Here are just a few of the ways you can contribute:
- If you are a local business owner you can have a water themed educational display in your storefront.
- Host an informational booth or trivia night at your establishment.
- You can help host a cleanup (contact us and we can help you get the supplies and garbage and recycling pickup!)
- Host a paddle or recreational hike
- If you are a local environmental organization or park you can host a walk, planting or water themed educational activity
- If you are a yoga studio you can have a water themed class (drinking crow pose anyone?)
- If you are a maker, art, or creative space you can host a water themed make it, or creative event
- If you are someone who likes to organize things you can volunteer to be a part of our board.
- If you are someone who likes these things you can attend!
You can always charge your normal fee for these activities and we will advertise it as a part of Guilford Creek Week, or you can offer specials or discounts as a part of the week long event.
6. What IS Creek Week?
Good question read more about that Here.
7. I don’t live in Guilford County, can I still participate in Guilford Creek week?