While Adults are welcome at all of our events, these are educational opportunities geared for those 18 and up. For more adult friendly opportunities check out our
Friday, June 11
Virtual Thomas Built Bus Preserve Stream Restoration Tour
Hosted by Guilford County Parks
- Starts at 9 a.m.
- Guilford County Parks Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GuilfordCountyParks
- Join us on Facebook as we work to educate the community on the progress of this project and we’ll describe the condition of the stream.
Saturday, June 12
Urban Stream Walk and River Watch Training with UNCG’s Dr. Praskievicz and Haw River Keeper Emily Sutton at Lake Daniel Park
- Lake Daniel Park
- 9:30a.m. lecture open to the public with UNCG professor Dr. Praskiezicz
- 10:30 a.m. to 12:30p.m. River Watch training with Haw Riverkeeper Emily Sutton
- Registration required at: https://forms.gle/Q7s4LNT9C4dzLQjh9
- Questions and registration is directed to Guilfordcreekweek@gmail.com
- Come learn about the stream assessment work that was completed at North Buffalo Creek by UNCG students in the Department of Geography, Environment, and Sustainability. Dr. Praskievicz will discuss the physical habitat and water quality of urban streams and demonstrate the equipment used to perform the assessments. This talk will be followed by a training on the River Watch Program. To learn more about the River Watch Program and how to become a volunteer please contact Emily Sutton at firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries about River Watch and visit: http://hawriver.org/projects/stream-monitoring/ for more information. For questions about the overall program please contact email@example.com