Guilford Creek Week is a week long initiative celebrating the importance, impact and influence of the creeks and waterways of Guilford County and all the municipalities within.
Guilford Creek Week takes place in March and offers many fun, often free, educational, hands on and recreational opportunities that allow all the residents of Guilford County to learn about the importance of our waterways. It is dedicated to helping raise awareness about the vital role that our local waters play in our everyday lives and how the health of that water can have a direct impact on our community.
For the week we invite everyone to come out to the many opportunities we offer. In the past we have had things like:
- A Kick Off Cleanup in Greensboro featuring the Swarm
- A Kick Off Party in High Point featuring live animals and a creek crawl
- Week long water themed activities at the Greensboro Science Center
- Guided Hikes by Haw River State Park and the Local Audubon Society
- E-Waste Cleanups and Collection
- Educational Booths all around the county
- Fun and informative workshops
- Water themed painting classes
- Water themed crafting classes
- Water themed storytimes and library activities
- And so much more!
Won’t you join us?
Who publishes the sheet-music of the winds or the music of water written in river-lines? — John Muir